Sunday 23 December 2012

The Jesse tree: Part 2

In Scandinavia, today is Little Christmas Eve; we are very nearly at the end of Advent. That must mean our Jesse Tree is almost finished! I think I will miss it when it's gone... *sniff* Actually, who I am kidding? By then we'll have put up our CHRISTMAS TREE! Ha ha haa! 
But I digress...

Here's what we've put on the Jesse tree since my last post:
14. A stone altar, made with little stones from our garden (Elijah's 'Battle with the Ba'als')
15. A pair of garden-wire tongs holding a painted fimo "burning coal" (God sends Isaiah)
16. Lots of glass 'tear-drops' (Jeremiah weeps over the people of Israel)
17. A stone watchtower, made from a cardboard vegetable tray (Habakkuk watching and waiting for God to rescue His people)
18. A painting (printed off from the internet), depicting a trowel and a brick wall (Nehemiah over-seeing the rebuilding of the city wall after the return to Jerusalem)
19. A scallop shell for John the Baptist (brought home from a Breton beach by my father)
20. A little fimo White Lily, made by my cousin and painted by me (Mary)
21. Another fimo creation, this time of a mother and child, for Elizabeth and her son John
22. A pencil for Zechariah

Tomorrow will be a little manger, for You Know Who - and there you have it! One completed Jesse tree...


Happy "Little Christmas Eve"!      

No comments:

Post a Comment